Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where is your local farmer's market?


Yes! I love Saturday mornings in the spring, summer, and fall one reason! Farmer's market!! I have been waiting to go for a few Saturdays now, but I always seem to have something else to do. So I made it a point to head out this morning.

To help you find your local farmer's market ---> http://www.localharvest.org/


While I was there, there was so many fruits and vegetables to choose from, but I couldn't decide and I didn't know what was in season. There were two nice ladies with fresh basil and I am sucker when it comes to fresh herbs, so I stopped and talked to them. If you want REAL in season tomatoes wait til 2nd weekend in July and later. Do you want to eat food that has products to speed up the growth, heck no that is why you went to the farmer's market in the first place to get the real stuff. Here are some pictures, it was jammed pack! But I had loads of fun, walking, smelling, and tasting.

Fourteen dollars later, I had fresh fruit and vegetables for the rest of my week. Plus 4 pieces of fresh bread and fresh flowers! Yeah, give it a try sometime you will love it.


No comments: