Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Do you know...the difference between a moutain or foothill?

I recently took a trip to Colorado and I have to admit, I love that state. I cannot believe how beautiful seeing those foothills or mountains can be.

I have always been in a state of denial and deep down knew those mountains were foothills.  I have never had enough time in my vacation to see the landscape, but my goal for next year is to take a few days off work and go climb one of those foothills.  I am midwest girl, we have to start small.

Wordnet says a foothill is "hilly land on the lower slopes of mountains."

So what is the difference between a foothill and mountain, so you can sound super smart to all your friends.

"You know it, when you see it" apparently. Some say its anything lower than 1000, but that is not proven. Seriously, I know. I read this article, it might help explain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: